Writing ideas to get you started
Writer’s block, no time, stressed, out of ideas? We have all been there many times no matter what style or genre we are writing about.
Best tip I have been given: just write. Don’t think, don’t edit, don’t censor yourself just write. Free writing for 10 minutes or more can allow your creative ideas to flow, whether you use the writing for something doesn’t matter, just write and see where it takes you.
Below is some ideas to get your ideas following.
- Write about what you know and like. If your interested so will your readers
- Write about an experience you had during the day, can just be a regular day, try to draw out the events, emotions, conversations surrounding it
- Write about something that is bothing you. Is cathertic and gives you a new perspective
- Write about an event from your childhood, happy, sad, up to you
- Write about what you have learned from your parents. Can help you see them from a different view point and gain perspective on them a people
- Write about a picture in your place. Why do you have that picture? This could become a short story as you weave the details behind the picture.
- Write about something that made you laugh.
- Write about something that made you cry
- Write about a friend: can be a close friend or maybe one who you lost touch with
- Write a letter to your past self what would you tell yourself?
- Write a letter to your future self what would you tell yourself? You can see you dreams and goals before you.
- Write about an event in your life that was life changing.
- Write about an event in your life and than change it, change the ending, change the place, people. What would happen differenlty?
- Write an opinion piece about something you read or heard in the media
- Write about your favorite show why do you like it? Why should others?
- Write a reivew about a book or movie you saw
- What is one thing you learned in school you wish others to know?
- Why do you like to write? Be personal, what does it mean to you, how does it contribute and enhance your life?
- Paper books or electronic?
- Your view on technology, pro and con
- What does it mean to be healthy?
- Reality tv, pro or con?
- Favorite holiday, season, time of the day, anything explain leading the reader on a path of exploring your view on a universal occasion and what it means to you
- Tips or advice articles
- Take a book you have read, change one thing the setting, characters, plot, ending.
- What is one thing you would save in a fire and why?
- If you could do anything, no regrets, no penalties, money not an issue what would you do?
- How can we help others in our personal circle and in the world
- What advice would you give to politicians?
- Use a quote to inspire you and write about what you have learned from the quote
Happy Writing! Remember you are doing this for you so have fun and enjoy 🙂
Share if you used any of the ideas, share your writing using the topic on your blog and link back to me or please suggest your own topic. 🙂